cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Equivalent in XSP of Document() function from XSLT
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:56:59 GMT
Yves Vindevogel wrote:

> Then it does not help me, because my page executes a query through esql.
> I know about the xinclude and cincludes ...
>
> Problem is that I am having serious problems with the SQL transformer.
> That's my other mails ...
>
> On 19 Jun 2005, at 18:33, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>
>     Hi Yves,
>
>     On Jun 18, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
>
>         I use the Document() function in one of my XSL files.
>         I would like to have a similar function in XSP. Does that exist ?
>

>     Yes it does, it's just not "in" XSP :-) Use the cinclude or
>     xinclude transformer.
>
>     HTH,
>     —ml—

Hi,
I'm not sure why you're saying that cinclude/xinclude doesn't help you.
Does your esql query depend on (use data from) the file you want to
include, or vice versa?

If it is the former, you may want to use the XSP generator with a
src="cocoon:/anotherURL", where the "anotherURL" pipeline has a
cinclude/xinclude transformer, and produces the XSP page as its output.

HTH.
Lars