cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: Sitemap globals in XSLT?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:53:44 GMT
Hi Mark,

> OK, if I have to use a pipeline for this, I would use the module source,
> e.g.
>
>     <match pattern="globals/*">
>         <generate src="module:global:{1} />
>         <serialize type="xml" />
>     </match>
>
> That oughta work, right?

Ah, never too late to learn something new. Though, this generates only one global. If that
suits
you, then go ahead. :)

>> By the way, make sure that the parameters pipe is noncaching. There
>> was something wrong with the caching of document function in XSL's...
>
> It's not really "wrong" as such... it just doesn't work, because
> document() "flies under the radar" of the Cocoon caching system.  That
> is, it creates a dependency of one resource upon of which there's no way
> Cocoon can be aware, so there's no way for cocoon to know when to
> invalidate the cache.

I'm not sure about whether Cocoon can't be aware of them. As far as I know, Cocoon provides
the
UriResolver component and can therefore know what is being accessed and when...

> However, with globals it shouldn't even matter, since those aren't going
> to change :-)

Err.. Depends on whether you allow sitemaps to be changed and reloaded... :-P

During development at least..

Cheers,
G.