cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: cinclude leaves its namespace in the output XML
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:42:24 GMT
An updated Wiki page reference (see second gmane message):

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RemoveNamespaces?highlight=%28Remove%29%7C%28Namespaces%29

Some remarks though:

- Part of the suggestions on that page refer to solutions to kill both prefixes and namespace

declarations, without considering whether they are used or not. Most of them require the namespace

and/or prefix to be mentioned explicitly.

- One solution explicitly mentions to remove all _unused_ namespaces, I think that is what
was
looked for in this case.

- Harry Lai jumps to the wrong conclusion from the citation of the Michael Kay. The citation

mentions that the exclude-result-prefixes does not apply to the nodes copied with xsl:copy
and
xsl:copy-of. True. But there are other ways to copy nodes. The identity transform is a good
example.
  The two templates I suggested also...

I haven't timed my solution, but have been using it without really noticing any slowdown.
So the two
templates I gave may be a good alternative to the NamespaceStripperTransformer.java. It uses
a more
SAX like approach, contrary to the java Transformer.

I think it should be possible to write a SAX based Transformer that performs well.

Cheers,
Geert

--
=====================================
NB: het Daidalos kantoor is sinds 22 april

Daidalos BV
Hoekeindsehof 1 - 4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk
tel: +31 (0)10 850 12 00
fax: +31 (0)10 850 11 99

Bovenstaand adres is tevens het postadres.
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV

http://www.daidalos.nl/

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50