cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Askild Aaberg Olsen <ask...@xangeli.com>
Subject Re: AW: CForms and Modular Database Actions
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:45:44 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:

>Askild
>
>Thanks for the "tips"... for me (and maybe others) I am sure
>a simple working demo [uh, the kind where you do not have
>to rebuild Cocoon and add/remove blocks etc etc!] would be
>very useful... even a series of code snippets.  If it works,
>I would be happy to "dress it up" and add to the wiki.
>
>Failing that (I know, we are all busy people), I think the parts
>that are most unclear, are the "Bind this document to the Form
>(load)".... surely indicating that there are aspects of CForms
>I still find obscure!
>
>As always, any light to the unenlightened is welcome!
>
>Derek
>
>PS I did read Stefano's "wake up call"... certainly there are
>always going to be those who "need to grok the code"... but there
>also the great mass of users out here - self included - who simply
>need to "do stuff" with XML and are not great architecture developers.
>I am sure Cocoon World is big enough for both & hope we can see
>that one needs the other!

I'll see if I can make a demo of this concept tonight. A "stock"
Cocoon-installation comes with a working database, so it should be easy
to install and not too much work.

I don't mean that using Cocoon as a Java-framework is wrong, I just want
to address that solving this issue can be much simpler than utilizing
Hibernate etc, which seems to be the only answer users who need to "do
stuff" with XML gets. :-)

Askild