cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Askild Aaberg Olsen <ask...@xangeli.com>
Subject Re: AW: CForms and Modular Database Actions
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:06:07 GMT
Yes, Derek, I have followed the discussion with great interest, but not
participated myself. It seams like reason has won, and someone even
tries to enhance the current XSP-block! 0:-)

As a side note here, look at <?a=93967486800002&r=1&w=2>
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110848544625231&w=2
where Stefano Mazzocchi writes about the two "camps" on the dev-list.
<?a=93967486800002&r=1&w=2>

A simple db-webapp with Flow/CForms and SQL  *could* be as follows:

* Use one pipeline with the SQL-transformer to generate an XML-document
from the DB.
* Bind this document to the Form (load)
* When the document is edited (save), inject the document to another
pipeline with JX, using XSLT and SQL-transformer to update the DB.

Reading and "writing" the bound XML from and to pipelines makes the
implementation transparent to Flow and CForms, so substituting the
implementation is easy (we use our own XDB based on SQL instead of
SQL-statements, but the principle is the same).

Just a tip in the "right" direction... ;-)

Askild
-