cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Ernecker <gerald.ernec...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Problems with dynamic call of logicsheets within xsp-pages
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:41:45 GMT

>>> Can you give more information about your pipeline and your xsp page?
>>> I'm confused about whether zufall-aufruf.xml is an XSP page or
>>> something else.
>>>
>>> One question I would ask is, does your XSP page declare the
>>> xsp-request namespace prefix on its <xsp:page> element?
>>> There are other questions that would be answered by actually seeing
>>> your xsp page.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Lars
>>>
>> I have default sitemap after build-process. My pipeline includes
>> following code
>>
>>            <!-- execute the XSP pages -->
>>            <map:match pattern="*.xml">
>>                <map:generate type="xsp" src="xsp/{1}.xsp"/>
>>                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>            </map:match>
>>
>> My zufall-aufruf.xsp looks like
>>    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>>    <xsp:page language="java"
>>        xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
>>        xmlns:zufall="http://oio.de/zufall"
>>        xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">
>>        <seite>
>>            <zufall:zahl><groesse><xsp-request:get-parameter
>> name="groesse"/></groesse></zufall:zahl>
>>        </seite>
>>    </xsp:page>
>>
>> The main problem is that no dynamic parameter is taken over by the
>> logicsheet. Even
>>     <seite>
>>        <xsp:logic>
>>            String groesse = 11;
>>        </xsp:logic>
>>        <zufall:zahl><xsp:expr>groesse</xsp:expr></zufall:zahl>
>>    </seite>
>>
>> do not work.
>>
>> Thanks for help
>> Gerald
>

> What you're doing looks right to me.

Unfortunately it also looks right to me, but it doesn't work.

> Further questions:
> - does it work if you don't use the custom logicsheet (zufall:)?

The call of build-in logicsheets - like util - with dynamic parameters
also has the same troubles.

> - when it doesn't work, what is the result? Simply
> <zufall:zahl><groesse></groesse></zufall:zahl>?

The result is an exception because parameter is converted to an integer
in the logicsheet and some operations are being done.
If modifying the logicsheet - the parameter isn't required - the result
is simply nothing.

Thanks for help
Gerald