cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xsltc and output escaping
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:01:39 GMT
Reinhard Haller wrote:

>>Add a view right before the XSLTC transformer and call the pipeline
>
> using this
>
>>view.  Save the view result as file and use it for an isolated
>
> testcase outside
>
>>of Cocoon.
>

> How do you test this outside of Cocoon?
>
>   <map:transform type="cinclude" />

<map:transform type="cinclude" label="stopHere"/>

then add a view to your sitemap:

<map:views>
   <map:view name="stopHere" from-label="stopHere">
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:view>
</map:views>

then call your pipeline http://......?cocoon-view=stopHere

Save the result using your browser's "save page" function and use XSLTC in a
small Java programm outside of Cocoon. If the transformation fails you know it's
  XSLTC's fault ant not Cocoon's.

> My xsl files were all developed and tested outside of Cocoon before
> using them in a pipeline (using XMLSpy).

I guess it's an XSLTC bug but how knows ...
Have you had a look at Saxon8? It is reported to be very fast.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc