cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Höglund <jo...@swatdesign.com>
Subject Re: Storing a xml document uploaded through xmlHttpRequest to a database
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:55:45 GMT
Hmmm...

It's stated, somewhere in the docs, that the modular database action (an
action) is the prefered way of inserting/updating/deleting data in to a
database and esql was prefered for reading from a database. I could use
esql using a dynamic xsp page, but I would prefer to store the xml
documen directly from the request stream without any transformation or
serialization to it, for performance reasons mainly, and simpleness
secondly.

I thought the modular database action (an action) was the only way of
storing binary data to a database. Is there other ways?

/jonas