cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon integrate in a MVC2 environment?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:06:29 GMT
Hendrik wrote:
> 2005/6/2, Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org>:
>
>>Probably yes.
>

> Ok, I have read many articles about cocoon and "Probably yes" was my
> first cognition :-), but after the first steps with cocoon I have the
> sense that I must build my complete web application with cocoon
> although I only need the great publishing functions of cocoon.
>

>>You will need to write some "glue" code. In order to get more
>>precise answers, you'll have to tell use more about the existing environment.
>

> The existing environment has one central servlet and many controllers.
> The presentation of the database content is handled by JSPs and
> taglibs. My wish is that controllers for the publishing stuff use
> cocoon to allow a better separation of content, style and logic. But
> how can I address cocoon from a controller?
>
> Perhaps is the CocoonBean a solution?

I'd try to refactor the custom controller and make it independant from having to
be a servlet. Then I would write a wrapper action (Cocoon action) that accesses
the custom controller and the action could call the required pipelines.

If you want to go the other way, the Cocoon bean seems to be the best bet. The
only problem I see is, how you can pass your model to the view layer. I've never
used the bean so far. Maybe you should ask this on dev@cocoon.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc