cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: XMLFileModule for a dynamic file.
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:18:32 GMT
Alexander Berezhnoy wrote:
> Well, here is the usecase.
> The mobile portal supports downloading binary resources for the various
> handsets (that's implemented via the reader).
>
> The resources to be downloaded depend of the handsets' parameterers, which
> are stored in  xml-file.
> To pass the necessary params to the reader, I need to get them from xml by
> their User-Agent (i.e. to apply an xpath).
>
> The case is complicated in that the handsets descriptions are stored to the
> different files accorting to their mobile network(Various networks may have
> different settings for some handsets).
>
> So that's all.
>
> Just now I've invented a solution: I can write a serializer instead of a
> reader and extract all data in xslt's. But that's more ugly, and very sad if
> the same is impossible with XMLFileModule.

Well, all I'd say is, if you can write yourself a serializer, why don't
you write yourself an InputModule?

If the XMLFileModule doesn't do quite what you need it to, take its code
and make one that does do what you want it to. And if it is generic
enough, it might make sense as an extension/addition to Cocoon.

Make sense?

Regards, Upayavira