cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Joerg Rasinger" <joerg.rasin...@etourism-austria.at>
Subject Multidelivery with cocoon
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:26:22 GMT
Hi all!

I am trying to build a multidelivering application, which covers not only
different browser-types, but also handheld devices, such as pda's,
smartphones, mobile phones etc.

I am new to cocoon hand have so far discovered various concepts that can
partially cope with the problem.

Since applications, built for WML differ substantially from applications
that are built for XHTML-MP or HTML, I would like to decide for an
"application track" right in the beginning of the sitemap. For this purpose
I found the BrowserSelector as to be the tool of choice.
Now, deciding on the user-agent string, which "application track" to take is
not an easy decision, as it assumes, that I have a complete list of
user-agents in combination with their "capabilities". Looking a bit further,
I found two initiatives, that try to map user-agent-strings with their
capabilities.

1) One would be the already in Cocoon included DELI-Project using the CC/PP
UAProf device descriptions.

2) The other would be WURFL (http://wurfl.sourceforge.net).

Both technologies somehow are able to tell me, which application-track to
take. I would now like to integrate these concepts into the sitemap in order
to decide which stylesheet and which serializer to use.

In other words: I want to be able to take decision within the sitemap
depending on the capabilities of the requesting user-agent. If anybody has
had a similar problem or has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks for any help!

joerg rasinger
--
ECCA - eTourism Competence Center Austria
Technikerstrasse 21a