cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Armaz Mellati" <>
Subject RE: Application Integration with Cocoon
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:46:23 GMT
And yes, you can use http session object from within xsp and/or a pipline. Within xsp you
have access to the  "request" object. With
a call like request.getSession() (or something like that) you can access the session object.
And within a pipeline you can use  Session Input Module.  Look at the samples .

From: Roland Berger []
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 6:05 PM
Subject: Application Integration with Cocoon

Hi all

I'm looking for a way to integrate application logic into lenya. Since lenya is based on cocoon
I believe I have to ask this
question in this mailing list.

>From what I have read in the mailing list it is possible to use actions in pipelines to
trigger some business logic and aggregate
the output with other xml.

Since I have some knowledge of struts applications I'm curious if I could use struts for the
control-, and business(delegate) logic.

So my question is:

-Is it possible to forward a request (with all request parameters) from within a pipeline
to another servlet (eg. struts), take the
response from that servlet and use it in the pipeline for further processing?

There is a 'redirect-to' thing in cocoon but from what I have read in the docs it doesn't
do what I want.

Another question is:

-Is it possible to access the http session object from within xsp and/or a pipline?

I'm thankfull for any answers and other experiences and tip's to integrate application logic
to cocoon or lenya

Regards Roland

View raw message