cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Roberto Marra" <rma...@montefiore.ch>
Subject Conversion of type...
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:15:49 GMT
Hi everybody,
I got a new problem, I got a CForm (definition & template). The datatype for the form
are well definied in the cocoon.xconf like:

 <forms-datatype logger="forms">
  <datatypes>
   <datatype name="string" src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.typeimpl.StringTypeBuilder">
    <convertors default="dummy" plain="dummy">
     <convertor name="dummy" src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.convertor.DummyStringConvertorBuilder"/>
    </convertors>
   </datatype>
   <datatype name="integer" src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.typeimpl.IntegerTypeBuilder">
    <convertors default="formatting" plain="plain">
     <convertor name="plain" src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.convertor.PlainIntegerConvertorBuilder"/>
     <convertor name="formatting" src="org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.convertor.FormattingIntegerConvertorBuilder"/>
    </convertors>
   </datatype>
.
.
.
</form-datatype>

So in CForm I can use only this one. What happen is that, with the binding file the system
give me an error (of course) because in the CForm I define country as "string" but I want
to bind with a javabean where country is defined as class Country .

What the best solution you suggest me? Should I define my bean simple using only basic datatype,
as String, boolean and int, or there is another solution more interesting?

Thanx in advance
Roberto