cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Mid-pipeline SOAP requests
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 12:37:39 GMT
David

Do you have an example of what the SOAP call will look like?
I assume it will use values based on the "field" attr attributes..

Don't be too fixated on the "middle of the pipeline" approach - you
can call out to other Cocoon pipelines with the cinclude transformer
if your tags are set up correctly.

pipeline a:
generator -> XSL transformer -> CInclude transformer -> XSL transformer -> serializer

pipeline b:
generator ->  SOAP lookup transformer -> XSL transformer ->XML  serializer

where CInclude tags in the first pipeline make "calls" to pipeline b.

Derek

PS Please keep the previous replies included in your posts -
or at least the pertinent bits - makes it easier to refer back
to previous issues.

>>> dholt2@bloomberg.com 2005/05/23 01:09:45 PM >>>
Thanks Derek,

Let me give you a simple example of what I am trying to achieve. I have to take an existing
XML document that is posted to me via HTTP, something like this (simplified)...

<doc>
  <data>
    <security id="S1">
      <sym>IBM</sym>
      <value type="last_price"/>
    </security>
  </data>
  <story>
    The last price for IBM is <field id="S1" type="last_price"/>
  </story>
</doc>

My output needs to be this XML file but with the <field> tag replaced by a value I look
up using a SOAP call. There can also be other types of data I need to lookup using SOAP. In
order to do this I thought I could use a Cocoon pipeline something like this:

generator -> XSL transformer -> SOAP lookup transformer -> XSL transformer ->
serializer

Currently though I can't see an easy way of performing this SOAP lookup within the pipeline.
The provided samples use the return of the SOAP request as the input to the pipeline.

Thanks, David.