cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Mid-pipeline SOAP requests
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 10:28:19 GMT
David

Not sure exactly what you want to achieve but, as always, there
are a number of ways to accomplish things in Cocoon.

Bear in mid that you can, for example, assemble a document from
a number of calls to one or more (depending on how 'generic' your
data generation is) Cocoon pipelines (each producing a fragment
of the total document) using something like "cinclude" - see:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/cinclude-transformer.html#Including+External+XML+%28simple%29

HTH

Derek

>>> dholt2@bloomberg.com 2005/05/23 12:05:18 PM >>>
Hi all,

I am working on a project that takes a news story template in XML, looks up a number of data
points using one or more SOAP requests, then publishes the completed story on a news wire
(or in HTML if in preview mode).

Does Cocoon sound like a suitable framework for this? I have checked out the SOAP samples,
but as these use the XML returned by the SOAP request as the input to the Cocoon pipeline
they are not really suitable for my needs. I need to be able to perform the SOAP lookups mid-pipeline
(and there could be a handful of lookups for the different types of data).

Grateful for any advice,

David.