cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Retrieve and parse an XML document available on a FTP server ?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 13:04:18 GMT
Laurent Perez wrote:

>Hello
>
>I need to retrieve a customer's well-formed XML document hosted on
>it's own server, FTP protocol being the only available communication
>channel. After being retrieved, I need to parse it, and store a few
>nodes values into my database. Is there any builtin cocoon component
>or flow snippet to help me achieve this ?
>
>I was looking - wiki, docs, google, planetcocoon - for something like
>"<map:generate src="ftp://login:password@ftp.host.com"><map:parameter
>name="method" value="GET"/><map:parameter name="file"
>value="foo.xml"/></map:generate>", but didn't find anything.

Have you tried this syntax? As the JDK supports FTP, this may work. I
don't know however it the JDK understands the "login:password" syntaxt.

Otherwise, there is an FTPSource in excalibur-sourceresolve that has
explicit support for this (and also for writing to an FTP server). To
use it, just add the following in <source-factories> in cocoon.xconf:
    <component-instance
class="org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FTPSourceFactory" name="ftp"/>

Sylvain