cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject Re: Pipeline global-variables in separate file
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 10:19:32 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> In case anyone needs a reference:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules-ref.html#GlobalInputModule

> Martin Rusnak wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>I have some global variables set for a pipeline in subsitemap:
>>
>><map:pipelines>
>>  <map:component-configurations>
>>    <global-variables>
>>    <global-variables>
>>  <map:component-configurations>
>><map:pipelines>
>>
>>How can I separate them to allow quick site specific configuration?
>
> use some input module for that (xml file input module for example)
> instead of global sitemap variable.

...or use an XML entity, like:

1) Insert this at the beginnging of the sitemap:
<!DOCTYPE sitemap SYSTEM "./resources/dtds/sitemap.dtd" [<!ENTITY
configuration SYSTEM "configuration/parameters.xml">]>

2) Configuration/parameters.xml should follow this format:
<map:component-configurations
xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
	<global-variables>
		<app-name>MapClientBase</app-name>
	</global-variables>
</map:component-configurations>

3) Place &configuration; inside the "<map:pipelines>" element (it will
be substituted by the parameters.xml document).

One caveat: when you modify parameters.xml, you should "touch"
sitemap.xmap as well, in order for Cocoon to re-load the changed
parameters.xml file.

Regards,