cocoon-users mailing list archives

From oceatoon <t.katelb...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: Display a CForm Repeater in JXTemplate
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 11:39:21 GMT
Nicolas Maisonneuve wrote:

> In pratice I would like transform the data of the form , so I use JX
> as the generator of the pipeline where the data are injected. My first
> step is just to display the results of the JX generator.
>
> But it's really strange that anybody find a simple solution for this
> simple problem.
> 1 Is there a simple way to access to the data in a repeater in a JX ?
> 2- Why in flowscript the access "model.field[0].name"  works but not in JX
> ? (it would be interessing to develop ths kind of access in JX , no ?)
By experience JX is full of little bugs (that's why devers are restructuring
it) so you have go step by step and be patient ;-) and the solution is
certainly there to be found:

if things don't work with JEXL then also try the Xpath syntax, especially in
the forEach tags and variables , they don't work exactly alike (PLS, don't
ask me you????).
You probably tried
<jx:out value="${model.field[0].name}"/>
or maybe something like
<jx:out value="#{model.getRow(0).getChild("name").value}"/> does it work ?
then go from there

Tibor