cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Crabtree <paul.crabt...@gmail.com>
Subject Checking if a Continuation is valid - ContinuationValidityAction?
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 13:57:15 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to check whether a specific Continuation is
valid based on a request containing the ID on the query string.

My requirement is that if i have a url constructed like this:
http://localhost/page1.html?continuation-id=477e5533570132484a3d34491e7d8e6f50214938

- if the continuation ID is valid id like to execute that continuation.
- if it is invalid i'd like to redirect the user to page1.html

Everything is in place for this to happen but i dont have a mechanism
to do the check. I think in this case an Action would be ideal tho ive
never used them. I see it working like something like this:

<map:match pattern="*.html">
   <map:act type="continuation-valid">
      <map:parameter name="continuation-id"
value="{request-param:continuation-id}"/>
      <map:call continuation="{request-param:continuation-id}"/>
   </map:act>
   <map:call function="handleRequest"> <!-- default page handling -->
      <map:parameter name="pageID" value="{1}"/>
   </map:call>
</map:match>

Has anyone done anything like this or is there another/better way?

Regards, Paul.