cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gunter D'Hondt <gunter.dho...@sofico.be>
Subject Re: Cocoon GetTogether 2005: call for assistance
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 10:31:18 GMT
Steven,

so the GT for "users" will be on the 11th Oct while the 10th is for the
community members?
Just to be sure which date I should preserve in my calendar as "user"

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt

Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org>
09/05/2005 09:53
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

dev@cocoon.apache.org, users@cocoon.apache.org
cc
Lenya Developers List <dev@lenya.apache.org>, users@lenya.apache.org,
dev@forrest.apache.org
Subject
Cocoon GetTogether 2005: call for assistance

Hi folks,

a few months ago, I tentatively reserved "The Pand" in Ghent again for
our annual gathering - now scheduled for 10-11 october 2005. Only a
while after that, I learned about O'Reilly EuroOSCON, to be held
October 17-20 in Amsterdam. There's obviously a bit of a scheduling
conflict here - OTOH, Amsterdam and Ghent are only a 2 1/2 hour drive
from each other, and October is always a busy conference month.

We're May now, and we need to decide how to move forward for the
GetTogether. After last year's GetTogether, we decided to untie the GT
from any commercial involvement (however small there ever was any),
making sure the GT is an event organized by and for the Cocoon
community. That means we need to form some sort of GT organisation
committee, for which we need a couple of volunteers.

As for now, we need the following answers to be answered:

* are we on for 10-11 October?
* Ghent again?
* are you up for volunteering?

Things we need to tackle soon now:

* website design & development (the cocoongt.org domain has been
registered for this purpose)
* call for proposals and ideas

We might seek some affiliation with the Apache Conference team as well.

Please direct your replies to dev@cocoon.apache.org.

Regards,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org