cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: is cocoon the right solution for my need (suggested answer: "YES", but why)
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 14:29:35 GMT

I'd say you are the only person to take that decision.

When chosing a technology, I have three criteria:

a) Is it already now mature enough?
b) Will it remain usable over the timeframe I depend on it?
c) Is my team motivated and able to master it?

Unfortunately, it's mainly gut feeling to decide whether a given
technology satisfies these criteria.  About 3 years ago my guts told
me to move to Cocoon, and I never had any regrets.  Cocoon has a
very healthy community and is still gaining momentum.

However, Cocoon is not the solution to your problem.  It is only a
sound framework which allows you to solve this and other problems.

Your mileage may vary.

Cheers, Alfred.

the sender's company.