cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lutz Thomas <l...@aim-ag.com>
Subject Forms binding: update flag for changed values
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 11:46:33 GMT
Hi everybody !

My cocoon app is a frontend to a db storing historic data. As my database
layer is capable of storing xml trees, basically all I have to do is to bind
the forms to my xml schema, hit save, get the xml and store it to the db.
When I edit a tree's node via a forms repeater, I have to create historic
records for all changed nodes. This makes it necessary to diff old vs. new
data...

So I need to flag all updated values, e.g. using an attribute. I had a look
at the binding sources, there is a check wether the value has changed, but
the resulting Boolean is debugged only...

Is there a solution out there ? Or are there plans for a future release of
cocoon supporting this "mark updates" feature ?

Best regards,

tom