cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Niels van Kampenhout" <n.vankampenh...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [CFORMS] - Binding Collections Of Objects
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 06:55:22 GMT
JD Daniels wrote:
> I simply don't get it. I know the binding framework should do what I
> want, but I can't figure it out. If I am missing a piece of
> documentation, or a basic concept, please send me to the
> right place. I
> have messed with all the samples, they don't seem to scale to
> what I want.
>
> Heres what I have:
>
> POJO Invoice contains a java.util.Set of POJO TimeTickets
>
> So I have a selectlist that contains the id field of a bunch of
> TimeTicket objects. What I can't figure out is how to bind those
> TimeTickets objects. the values of the timeticket do not need to be
> edited... I just want to display the select list, have flow / binding
> framework create the collection and save it to the invoice POJO.
>
> Any one tell me where to look?
>
> JD

You probably have to write some custom binding code (within an <fb:javascript> element).
As a starting point, take a look at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=109653712005198&w=2.
It is true that this area is poorly documented, so you will have to go through some trial
and error ;)

Niels