cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Maisonneuve <n.maisonne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Display a CForm Repeater in JXTemplate
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 12:48:45 GMT
On 5/16/05, Leszek Gawron <lgawron@mobilebox.pl> wrote:
> oceatoon wrote:
> > Nicolas Maisonneuve wrote:
> >

> >>In pratice I would like transform the data of the form , so I use JX
> >>as the generator of the pipeline where the data are injected. My first
> >>step is just to display the results of the JX generator.
> >>
> >>But it's really strange that anybody find a simple solution for this
> >>simple problem.
> >>1 Is there a simple way to access to the data in a repeater in a JX ?
> >>2- Why in flowscript the access "model.field[0].name"  works but not in JX
> >>? (it would be interessing to develop ths kind of access in JX , no ?)
> >
> > By experience JX is full of little bugs (that's why devers are restructuring
> > it) so you have go step by step and be patient ;-) and the solution is
> > certainly there to be found:
> >
> > if things don't work with JEXL then also try the Xpath syntax, especially in
> > the forEach tags and variables , they don't work exactly alike (PLS, don't
> > ask me you????).
> > You probably tried
> > <jx:out value="${model.field[0].name}"/>
> > or maybe something like
> > <jx:out value="#{model.getRow(0).getChild("name").value}"/> does it work ?
> do you need to access a "static" path like ${model.field[0].name} or
> would you rather have access to current repeater row?

the ideal would be:

<jx:forEach var="field" items="${model.fields}">
    <jx:out value="${field.name}" />
</jx:forEach>

but as it doesn't work , i tried  alternative things
> > <jx:out value="${model.field[0].name}"/>

but the model is not a POJO so it can't work  (this kind of access
work only in the flowscript because the model is scriptableWidget)

but if you find a solution..,  i'll take it !