cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Passing a value from a transformer to the sitemap
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 15:06:13 GMT
Eran Fuchs wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm trying to send information from a transformer (or any other sitemap
> components) back to the sitemap.
> I need to extract and process a value from the piped xml, and control the
> flow according to it.
> I have tried using the request-attr output module, but the change seems to
> be only noticeable inside components (following components as well) , and
> does not seem to propagate to the sitemap itself (the sitemap still uses the
> old value, when used as {request-attr:my-value}).
> Any ideas?

This is not possible, by design. Cocoon pipelines are two stages,
construction and execution. During construction of a pipeline you can
alter the components that are used, but during execution you cannot.
Thus, you cannot alter the structure of the pipeline based upon the data
passing through it. If you need to do that, you probably want to be
using flowscript in some way as your controller, and then choose your
pipeline based upon your decision.

Regards, Upayavira