cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: validating XML data in pipelines should be a standard feature
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 22:35:27 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>> I'm afraid this might be a problem, I'll check on the dev@ list...
>>

>> Turns out this was discussed already, and unfortunately we cannot
>> redistribute it with Cocoon:
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108573706205469&w=2
>>
>> But if someone writes a block for this it could be hosted somewhere
>> else (cocoondev.org for example), to make it easier for people to
>> include it at build time.

That would be good progress, until a solution was found that could be
distributed with Cocoon.

> Or better still, recode it to use compatible licences so we can embed
> it into Cocoon. There must be some around, eh?
>
> Regards, Upayavira

You would think so...
do Xerces or JaxpParser provide classes to validate an already-parsed DOM?
That might not give all the kinds of validation we want, but just having
DTD and possibly XML Schema-based validation would be a good step forward.

Lars