cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: changes are not reflected in the XML resources
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 20:12:07 GMT
fadi qutaishat wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have posted a question few days ago but I have got
>no response. Anyway, I have attached it again in case
>if anyone has had the same problem:
>
>I have got a problem in that cocoon always keeps the
>old version of my XML files, some times I do need to
>make some changes in some XML resources but these
>changes are not reflected unless I restart the
>operating system  (Windows XP).
>
>I do make sure that every time I do a change that I
>shutdown the tomcat at first then restart it again.
>
>I am using cocoon version 2.1.6, tomcat version 4.0.6
>
>Is there any solution ?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Fadi

If caching is working correctly, it should not even be necessary to
restart Tomcat.
However, there are certain pipeline configurations in which caching does
not work.
For example, my impression is that with cincludes, the result is not
cached; and with XSLT document() calls, caching is done but results may
not be recomputed when the target of the document() has changed.
(Somebody correct that if it's inaccurate, please...)

Can you describe what your pipelines are like ... the ones that fail to
recompute when you change the XML resources?

Lars