cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: validating XML data in pipelines should be a standard feature
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 19:49:24 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 27 mai 05, à 19:00, Lars Huttar a écrit :
>
>> ...David, can this code be put under the Apache license or something?..
>

> I was thinking more about the libraries used,
> http://www.sun.com/software/xml/developers/multischema/
>
> -Bertrand

The license agreement is:

Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights
Reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or
without modification, are permitted provided that the
following conditions are met:

- Redistributions of source code must retain the above
  copyright notice, this list of conditions and the
  following disclaimer.

- Redistribution in binary form must reproduct the above
  copyright notice, this list of conditions and the
  following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other
  materials provided with the distribution.

Neither the name of Sun Microsystems, Inc.  or the names of
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written
permission.

This software is provided "AS IS," without a warranty of any
kind.  ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS
AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR
NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.  SUN AND ITS
LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES
SUFFERED BY LICENSEE AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO USE,
MODIFICATION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE OR ITS
DERIVATIVES.  IN NO EVENT WILL SUN OR ITS LICENSORS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY LOST REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR DIRECT,
INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE
DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF
LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGES.

You acknowledge that Software is not designed,licensed or
intended for use in the design, construction, operation or
maintenance of any nuclear facility.