cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Retrieve and parse an XML document available on a FTP server ?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 12:21:12 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Laurent Perez wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I need to retrieve a customer's well-formed XML document hosted on
>> it's own server, FTP protocol being the only available communication
>> channel. After being retrieved, I need to parse it, and store a few
>> nodes values into my database. Is there any builtin cocoon component
>> or flow snippet to help me achieve this ?
>>
>> I was looking - wiki, docs, google, planetcocoon - for something like
>> "<map:generate src="ftp://login:password@ftp.host.com"><map:parameter
>> name="method" value="GET"/><map:parameter name="file"
>> value="foo.xml"/></map:generate>", but didn't find anything.
>

> I don't think that any of the currently public available sources or
> generators supports FTP. If you need this feature you'll probably end up
> in writing your own FTP source. If so have a look at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/.

Wrong. There is an FTP source within Excalibur, called
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FTPSource. This class is already
included within the Excalibur in Cocoon. All you need to do is add an
entry to your cocoon.xconf file to specify the FTPSourceFactory, along
the same lines as other source factories.

Telescopic answer, I know, but I hope it helps.

Regards, Upayavira