cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Not serializable exception
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 12:08:01 GMT
angeloimm wrote:
> Hi all; i'm using cocoon 2.1.5 and 2.1.7 under JBoss 3.2.6; i'ld like to know why when
i shutdown the server and i restart it i have the error java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager; the component CocoonComponentManager
tries to store the session and it's not serializable... how can avoid this error?
> One more thing... if i want to use cocoon in a cluster.... is it possible? That is is
cocoon distributable ?

It depends. If you use Flowscript or Javaflow then you'll run into a couple of
problems and AFAIK the portal isn't distributable either. Fixing at least the
Flowscript problem is on my mid-term todo list but don't hold your breath.

If you don't use any of the mentioned technologies it only depends on your
application and what you put into the session. If you put a component into the
session, that has access to the ServiceManager (form erthe ComponentManager), a
NotSerializableException will be the result. Using the 'transient' keyword
should help.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc