cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Maloney <coc...@chrismaloney.com>
Subject Re: Cinclude transforms very *slow* [ was Re: Speeding up an xinclude transform?]
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 17:00:52 GMT
With the cinclude transformer, you can include output from other
pipelines.  E.g.
 <ci:cached-include src='cocoon:/OtherPage.xml'/>
That's why I suggested it over xinclude, in the first place.  I noticed
major performance gains when I used the caching cinclude.  As I
mentioned before, though, I still don't know how to control when the
cache gets invalidated.
Also, the pre-emptive caching mechanism works well.  I found that it can
be helpful, when using that, to set the "source" parameter to the
cinclude transformer to point to a directory.  That causes it to put its
cache files into that directory, so you can see when they get updated.
Using this, you can also manually "invalidate" the cache, by just
deleting all the files in that directory.

I tried to attach a write-up that I did for our website's implementation
pages, that has the results of my investigations, but, apparently, this
list doesn't accept attachments, so I'll email that to you directly, Derek.

HTH,
Chris