cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ben Anderson <benanderson...@gmail.com>
Subject [Forms] validation mystery
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:38:10 GMT
Hi,
I've been battling this problem for a while and I'm not sure what I'm
missing.  I need to validate my form to make sure the required values
are present, so in my form definition I have something like this:

    <fd:field id="raId" required="true">
    <fd:field id="raDateTime" required="true">
    <fd:submit id="go" action-command="help" validate="true">

This is enough to guaruntee validation, correct?  However, my form is
not being validated because it is allowing empty values for raId and
raDateTime.  I've created my own xsl's to do the transformation from a
form instance to the html, and assume this must be where I'm missing
something, but I can't figure it out.

It's my understanding that a form submission should be a request with
these params:

someURI?continuation-id=xxx&forms_submit_id=&raId=&raDateTime=&go=

and this should trigger validation and rerender the page in

form.showForm("someURI-display");

Am I missing something?  Any direction is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben