cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nacho Jimenez <nacho.jime...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javascript and xsp
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:18:48 GMT
Hi Phil & Xoan

Firstly, you've to be clear on who's going to run the javascript code.
One thing is using javascript code inside cocoon (via flowscript, for
example) and a very different thing is using cocoon to serve
javascript code so that the client browser runs it.

>From your example, I'd say you're trying to do the second thing. For
that matter, you don't have to do anything special, just check that
the resulting html page received on the browser is as you expected,
and that a pipeline that matches the javascript URI
(examples/Editor/library.js) replies with the appropiate resource..

To make things cleaner, i'd put all my client-bound javascript
together in a "scripts" subdirectory and create the following
pipeline.

      <map:match pattern="scripts/*.js">
        <map:read mime-type="text/javascript" src="scripts/{1}.js"/>
      </map:match>

After that, just call your JS libraries with a

    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
src="scripts/library.js"/>

I hope i've made myself clear enough..

Nacho