cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "beyanet.com" <beya_n...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Problem getting an object out of a drop down list
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:25:47 GMT
Ok,
let me explain. I have a html page which presents a selection of
previous orders made by a client. In the option value section I place
the associated order objects of a user like so:

<jx:forEach var="orderz" items="${userGlobal.getUserOrders()}">
    <option value="${orderz}">${orderz.getOrderDate()}</option>
</jx:forEach>

The rendered html page looks like so:

	<option value="test.Order@687436">2005-04-13 17:23:05.663</option>
	<option value="test.Order@95fec3">2005-04-13 14:23:04.211</option>
	<option value="test.Order@88c56e">2005-04-13 12:22:04.096</option>

As you can see the problem I have is that test.OrderXXX is now a
string value, but I want it to remain an object.

What I wanted to do was take the orderitem object, when the user
selects an option from the drop-down list, pass it into another flow
function which in turn then displays the orderitem details in another
html page.

So how can I do this so that when it reaches the next flow function
it is still an object and not a string?

many thanks

Uzo