cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject Re: Design note - Building a template mechanism
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:38:04 GMT

hi elad

i'm using this approach to create static web static web sites
the goals are:
- yu  have one layout file (.xhtml). then i get the content form each
request (requested web page) and put it inside this layout
(now i'm close to have pages (web requests) that make an exception and use
an alternative layout)

- you can define blocks with static content (html fragments) that can be
reused in any page

- you can define your own elements that are translated to complex html

- there is a simple html 2 pdf transformation, so you are able to server
content pages as simple pdfs

- you can change the theme for your site

all this out of the box without to touch the sitemap.xmap

there is a sample in cocoon sample /scratchpad called Othello than
demostrate all this but it's quite old

i have a new version with many modification but i dont have found time to
make a pacth in bugzilla

if you want i can pack my working directory with some demo site to take
a look

regards
-stavros