cocoon-users mailing list archives

From li...@kuhnle.net
Subject Re: Best way to initialize Context, Session and Request attributes
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:58:26 GMT
Thanks for the answer. Only, these listeners belong to the Servlet API and
not to Cocoon, so this will not work in batch mode, when there's a
BatchContext instead of a HttpContext. Is there a Cocoon specific method?

Regards,
Jochen

Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be>
Sent by: news <news@sea.gmane.org>
07.04.2005 22:24
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Best way to initialize Context, Session and Request attributes

lists@kuhnle.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in my webapp I need to initialize the Context, Session and Request
> attributes, e.g. with database connections, message queues etc. What is
> the best way to do this in Cocoon? Right now I'm using actions, but this

> is not satisfactory, as I have to put the action in many places in my
> sitemaps. Is there a better way to do this, e.g. some kind of hook that
is
> called when Contexts, Sessions and Requests are created and disposed?

There are listeners classes available that do just this.

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/

HTH
Jorg