cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Ratcliffe" <a...@prema.co.nz>
Subject RE: Email Capability
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02:10:47 GMT
Re: Email CapabilityHi Tony

Thanks, I didn't know about this approach. I'll take a look at your post.

Cheers
Adam
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Tony Edwards [mailto:TEdwards@civica.com.au]
  Sent: Tuesday, 12 April 2005 12:21 p.m.
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Subject: Re: Email Capability

  Hey Adam,
  Have you had a look at the sendmail transformer?
  I cram stuff as a session attribute from within flow then call a
  pipeline which transforms it using the sendmail transformer.
  It works a treat. I included some details on the process on this list on
  the 10th of February. Have a look.

  regards,
  Tony

  Adam Ratcliffe wrote:

  > Hi Phillippe
  >
  > Like you I'm working with flow so neither the sendmail logicsheet or
  > action seemed a natural fit.  Most of the messages I'll be generating
  > will be in HTML format so I'll probably look at building these using an
  > internal pipeline called from flowscript, and then use Java Mail
  > within flow such as you're doing.
  >
  > Cheers
  > Adam
  >
  > On 6 Apr, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Philippe Guillard wrote:
  >
  > > Hi,
  > >
  > > It seems that support of Java Mail API in sendmail Action/XSP
  > > logicsheet/Transformer is quite equivalent. (I thing Reply-To and SMTP
  > > auth is disponible for action and logicsheet)
  > > To my opinion the starting point should be : what technology you use
  > > for other things?
  > > I personnally use CForms and JX, so i'm in flow, and it seems not
  > > logical to use Flow and Actions, so i use directly Java Mail API
  > > inside flow.
  > > For i18n support i would suggest action or transformation to be able
  > > to pass i18n transformation before in the pipeline.
  > >
  > > Cheers,
  > >
  > > Phil
  > >
  > > Adam Ratcliffe wrote:
  > >
  > >> Hi,
  > >>
  > >> I need to add email support to a cocoon application and am wondering
  > >> what the
  > >> preferred way of doing this is these days.
  > >>
  > >> The sendmail action seems to support all of the features of the Java
  > >> Mail API
  > >> that I need to use, would this be my best option?
  > >>
  > >> Cheers
  > >> Adam

  This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any
attachments, is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents
may be legally privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It
is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If
received in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your
system immediately.

  Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted
with it are those of the author only and may not necessarily reflect the
views of Civica and do not create any legally binding rights or obligations
whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy documents
signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be concluded on
behalf of Civica by email.

  Please note that neither Civica nor the sender accepts any responsibility
for any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the
attachments (if any). All email received and sent by Civica may be monitored
to protect the business interests of Civica.