cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: too large XSP logicsheet? aka How to cut XML in to pieces and generate from each one independly (using Cocoon not text editor ;) )
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:19:39 GMT
XSP is the wrong tool here.  Have a look at the SQL transformer.
That should allow you to make a pipeline:
1.) map:generate from XML input
2.) map:transform by stylesheet converting <ENTRY> to SQL transformer markup
3.) map:transform by SQL transformer
4.) map:serialize

Do you really want ot use Cocoon for initial bulk loads of your database?
Why not just send your XML file through a command line Xalan with a stylesheet to generate
SQL in text mode.
The output file you can then send through your database command line interface.

HTH, Alfred.

the sender's company.