cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Sikora <szef...@op.pl>
Subject Re: Cocoon, Hibernate and HSQL
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:05:07 GMT
Hello S├ębastien,

Friday, April 8, 2005, 12:04:15 AM, you wrote:

SA> Hi,

SA> I would like to use the internal HSQL shipped with Cocoon as a SQL
SA> database to persist my POJO's for Hibernate.
SA> I found an excellent tutorial about integration of Hibernate into
SA> Cocoon, but I didn't found anything about configuring a new database
SA> (because there already seems to be one configured by default) with
SA> HSQL on In-Process mode to use it instead of an external database like
SA> MySQL for example.

SA> Has anyone already tried that ? Can you give me a few tips ?

SA> Thanks in advance.

There is no difference in configuration in-process or external
database. Just create and configure correct jdbc connection in
cocoon.xconf. Also you probably have to change Dialect in
hibernate.xml.cfg to HSQL and that's it. Read HB manual.

Avoid specifing connection details in hibernate.cfg.xml'cause as hb doc its
for quick test and learning purposes only. Use db connection pooli ntegrated in Cocoon.

--
Best regards,
 Grzegorz Sikora