cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ben Pope <benpop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sitemap processing
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:53:25 GMT
Schultz, Gary - COMM wrote:
> I just want to confirm or clarify my understanding of the sitemap process.
> Does the Cocoon pipeline process the includes first and the xslt second? I

They are processed in the order they are declared.  I'm not sure the
following makes sense:

> plan to use a sitemap entry as shown below in a project management system:
>
>       <map:match pattern="TSS-ProjectNameHere*.section">
>       <map:generate src="d:/comwps/TSS/content/TSS-ProjectNameHere.html"/>
>         <map:match type="match-param-paramname" pattern="*">
>      <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
>      <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
>           <map:transform src="d:/comwps/TSS/xslt/page2html-docplan.xsl">
>             <map:parameter name="id" value="{1}"/>
>           </map:transform>
>           <map:serialize/>
>         </map:match>
>       </map:match>

Having a match inside of a match is wrong.

And starting a match without a generator is also wrong.

What are you trying to achieve?

The idea is that you match something, then:

Generate (arbitrary data to SAX events)
Transform (SAX events to SAX events)
Serialise (SAX events to arbitrary data)

You can transform 0 or more times.  The output of one component feeds
into the input of the next.

Ben