cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Maloney <coc...@chrismaloney.com>
Subject Re: Getting current date in Cocoon
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:38:57 GMT
Hey, I just figured out how to do this yesterday!
In your sitemap, put in a transformer in your pipeline like this:

  <map:transform src="stylesheet.xslt">
    <map:parameter name='date'
                   value='{date:}'/>
  </map:transform>

Then, in your XSLT, declare the parameter:

  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    . . .
   <xsl:param name='date'/>
    . . .

You might find that you want to change the format that the date
appears in.  To do that, edit your cocoon.xconf file (which, if you're
like me, and running the installed web-app, is in
$COCOON_HOME/build/webapp/WEB-INF).  Search for "DateInputModule".
Inside the "component-instance" element, uncomment the "format" element
child, and change the format string, the syntax of which is defined
here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html.

Now, what I'd like to know is, is there any way to use this module
to get different peices of the date (say, month and day, as separate
parameters).  That seems to me that that would be easier than trying
to parse the date within XSLT.

Cheers!