cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Edwards <tedwa...@civica.com.au>
Subject Re: get-remote-address - get-remote-host
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:48:14 GMT
Hi Beya,
I use it to sort of 'log' remote users of the application (deployed
across an intranet) and it does report the correct address of the
requesting client.
127.0.0.1 is entered probably because you called the app through localhost.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tony

beyanet.com wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Try this:
>> var clientIp =  cocoon.request.getRemoteAddr();
>

> Hi Tony,
> I tried the above code you mentioned but it only ever seems to return
> 127.0.0.1 which is no ones IP address!
>
> Is this function working properly as it does say that it returns the
> IP address of the requesting client?
>
> regards
>
> beya

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any attachments, is confidential
to the intended recipient(s)
and the contents may be legally privileged or contain proprietary and private information.
It is intended solely for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review,
copy or distribute this email.
If received in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system immediately.Any
views or
opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted with it are those of the author
only and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Civica and do not create any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever.
Unless otherwise
pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy documents signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts
may not be
concluded on behalf of Civica by email. Please note that neither Civica nor the sender accepts
any responsibility for
any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any).
All email received and sent by
Civica may be monitored to protect the business interests of Civica.