cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: CVSSource
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:40:38 GMT
Antonio Fiol Bonnín a écrit :

>2005/4/21, Cédric Damioli <cedric.damioli@anyware-tech.com>:
>

>>Antonio Fiol Bonnín a écrit :
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I am trying to use the CVSSource on Cocoon 2.1.5.
>>>
>>>What I tried is adding to cocoon.xconf:
>>>(1 line context information)
>>>
>>>   <component-instance
>>>class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.ModuleSourceFactory"
>>>name="module"/>
>>>   <component-instance name="cocodoco-cvs"
>>>class="com.anwrt.cocoon.cvssource.source.CVSSourceFactory">
>>>     <hostname>cvs.apache.org</hostname>
>>>     <repository>/home/cvspublic</repository>
>>>     <module>xml-cocoon2/src/documentation</module>
>>>     <username>anoncvs</username>
>>>     <password>anoncvs</password>
>>>     <!-- optionnal hierarchy refresh period (in seconds, defaults to 600)
-->
>>>     <refresh-period>3600</refresh-period>
>>>
>>>     <!-- optionnal commit message expression (sitemap syntax) -->
>>>     <commit-message-expr>{request-param:cvs-message}</commit-message-expr>
>>>   </component-instance>
>>> </source-factories>
>>>
>>>I did this because I did not find a "source-handlers" section.
>>>
>>>The problem: StackOverflowException.
>>>The repeating stack:
>>>(snip)
>>>
>>>If I understand what is happening, cocoon is trying to initialize
>>>everything recursively. IOW, the getVariable method of CVSSource needs
>>>something from the component manager which is not ready until it is
>>>fully initialized... but what?
>>>
>>>Any hints? Thank you very much for your help.
>>>

>>You guessed correctly ! :-)
>>
>>IIRC, the guilty component is an InputModule (in your case,
>>PropertiesFileModule).
>>There's also others InputModule (XMLMetaModule ?) trying to lookup a
>>SourceResolver, which itself try to initialize CVSSourceFactory, which
>>itself needs InputModule (via VariableResolver), etc etc...
>>
>>Every time I want to use CVSSource in my project, I clean InputModule
>>section and all works correctly after that.
>>

>Maybe it works if you clean the InputModule section. I will test it.
>
>However, isn't it a bug (of CVSSource or other) that you can't have
>both CVSSource and InputModules together at the same time?
>
>Shouldn't someone break the loop? Who? How?

I imagine you could create a version of CVSSource not dependent of
InputModules (without variable resolving).

But, on the other hand,  you only have to remove those InputModule who
create the circular dependencies (those who need a SourceResolver): they
are only a few.

--
Cédric Damioli
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES