cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Textor <jc.tex...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Using Hibernate via Java, not Flow
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:46:28 GMT

>Yeah, the problem I have is that I may call 5 different methods on 3
>different hibernate wrapper classes in Flow, all of which use the
>hibernate session.  So I'd need a sort of "global" session that only
>gets opened the first time one of the classes is called, then gets
>closed by the filter.

OK, see your point - I thought you had one single wrapper class for
transactions
that talks to the other wrappers / classes.

>OK to use the tutorial for less than 10 classes?  I'm currently
>working with 22 different hibernate classes, and possible more in the
>future :)

Did that too, and it actually still works ... I just do not find it
"beautiful" any more :/

>So as of right now I have two options:
>
>1)  Continue with the steps mentioned in the tutorial
>2)  Stop development long enough to learn the basics of Spring and
>implement it with Hibernate now before I get too deep into the web
>based UI development

There might still be a third solution - try to create one single wrapper
(say "ObjectStore" or something) that does all the Hibernate stuff, so
it would be easier to skip implementations afterwards.

For the (now outdated!) tutorial I see two options:
- Dump it, and write up another one that explains the spring approach
- Come up with a cleaner solution as an alternative for those who do not
want to use Spring for whatever reason