cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Martin Rusnak <m...@cyberspace.sk>
Subject Authentication framework and user bean
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:11:22 GMT
Dear all,

I use authentication framework with my own Authenticator class derived from
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.Authenticator.
Authenticatioin framework needs user data to be stored as XML in the session
context, but the business logic part of my application works with user bean.
Converting the XML to user bean every time the HTTP request is performed would
unnecessarily take CPU and memory resources. Therefore it would be useful to
store user bean in the session insted of XML. Is it possible to do with
authentication framework or do I need to implement the authentication myself?

Best regards,
Martin