cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using InputModule
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:05:41 GMT
Lionel Crine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a little bit annoying with an "XMLFile InputModule" that I have
> created.
>
> I'm using some information of this file in the sitemap doing :
> {myconf://somevalue} -> that's fine
>
> But I've many components (own JAVA transformers,...) using those
> parameters and I don't "see me"  sending parameters each time I use the
> components in the sitemap.  And that, because I don't want to have an
> unreadable sitemap.
>

> I may set those parameters in the session but these are configuration
> parameters.
> The only way to avoid sending the parameters from the sitemap is to get
> the information as the XMLFileModule.java does.
>

> Am I right or wrong ?
If you really have to you can lookup that input module in your
transformer and query it for an appropriate value. You gain sitemap
readibility but you introduce dependencies.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl