cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is Cross-compilation ok?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:54:32 GMT
Sandor Spruit wrote:
> Kuketayev, Argyn (Contractor) wrote:
>
>> Have anybody ever got problems with Cocoon built on Windows and deployed
>> on Unix/Solaris?
>> I don't want to store Cocoon's sources in our source code tree. So, I
>> pre-compile the release then use the package on both Unix and Windows.
>> So far I didnd't have any issues.
>

> Same here with Windows to Linux (CentOS) or Mac OS X. The only thing is
> the configuration of home directories if you wanna mount these, IMHO.

Java is Java. I haven't done precisely what you ask, but I have compiled
Java on Windows and deployed it within Cocoon on Linux.

The only possible issue you might have is line endings - the tgz and zip
versions of Cocoon do them differently. But that shouldn't really cause
any problems.

Try it!

Regards, Upayavira