cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Elad Messing" <elad.mess...@gmail.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: Design note - Building a template mechanism
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:02:15 GMT
Hello again, stavros
	Another question in relation to the new Othello example.

	I can see that you divided all of the content in localelized directories (c_en and c_el).

	Then, in the pipe line you use the locale to build the path for the content, and right after
it you translate this locale specific content xhtml file :

        <map:match pattern="xml/*.*">
          <map:generate src="c_{../locale}/{1}.{2}"/>
          <map:transform type="i18n">
            <map:parameter name="locale" value="{../locale}"/>
          </map:transform>

	Now - I was wondering why :
	1. You divide the content to localized sub directories. Isn't one "xhtml" file, with translation
tags enough ? Do you expect that the layout will change because of different locale ?
	2. If you already did divide between the directories, why did you use the translator transformer
? I mean - each file is already declared as part of a specific locale, so why not just have
the text embedded ?

	I hope I do not ask dumb questions :)

Elad