cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Corin Moss <corin.m...@infomoss.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate and Bean binding
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 05:36:33 GMT
Hi,

At the risk of talking to myself, and being called mad I thought I'd
report back on the following:

1. One way of doing what I described below is by using the fb:javascript
binding.

I chucked the following:

<fb:javascript id="create_kw_rel" path="/">
  <fb:load-form>

  </fb:load-form>

  <fb:save-form>
    var programme_id = this.lookupWidget("programme_id").getValue()
    var keyword_id = this.lookupWidget("new_keyword_id").getValue()

    //create Hibernate session
    var factory = cocoon.getComponent(Packages.hib.PersistenceFactory.ROLE);
    var hs = factory.createSession();
    if (hs == null) {
      throw new
Packages.org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException("Hibernate session is
null ");
    }

    var create_rel_bean = new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.KeywordRelationship(
        new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.KeywordRelationshipPK(
            new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.Keywords(new
java.math.BigDecimal(keyword_id))
            , new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.Programme(new
java.math.BigDecimal(programme_id)
            )
    ),
    //obviously this shouldn't be hard coded - but for the purposes of
testing it's fine.
    new java.math.BigDecimal("4")
    );

    hs.save(create_rel_bean);
      hs.flush();

      //release
      hs.close();
      cocoon.releaseComponent(factory);
  </fb:save-form>
</fb:javascript>

into my binding document.

Now, this doesn't strike me as the cleanest thing in the world - does
anyone have any comments or thoughts?

Thanks,

Corin