cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Corin Moss <corin.m...@infomoss.com>
Subject Hibernate and Bean binding
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 04:30:45 GMT
Hi All,

I sent an email a few days ago asking for some advice on how to map a
hibernate one-to-many relationship to cforms using the binding
framework.  My request may have been a bit vauge, as I haven't had any
response yet.   The original email can be seen here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=111214181513587&w=2

Since then, I've tested my understanding of the hibernate side of the
question by doing the following in flowscript:

    var create_rel_bean = new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.KeywordRelationship(
        new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.KeywordRelationshipPK(
            new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.Keywords(new
java.math.BigDecimal("4"))
            , new Packages.nz.co.eunomia.Programme(new
java.math.BigDecimal("1")
            )
    ),
    new java.math.BigDecimal("4")
    );

This creates a new keyword_relationship entry perfectly.  Of course, the
references to Keywords and Programme (with hard coded ids) is where the
binding should be happening - as part of the context of (for example) a
"Programme" bean. Given this, and the other material included above,  is
there a simple way to do this with binding, or should I rely on using
flow-script and getting a handle on form values to do this?

Thanks,

Corin